Ever heard of lenses that improve your eyesight while you sleep? In 2005, the Ministry of Health of our country issued permission to use such lenses in refractive therapy. Since then, they have been available to our patients. Refractive therapy, by the way-the most modern method of vision correction, which is now used in clinics.
How does it work?
The outer and inner surfaces of the lenses are arranged in different ways. External-affects the cornea, and the inner helps to redistribute the tear film. In this way, the epithelium layer on the cornea is redistributed, which reduces the strength of the diopters. Because of this, the patient can independently see the day without lenses. But as the upper layer of the cornea is constantly regenerated, the effect is not static. To do this, we put the lenses on every night. In other words, they are lenses with high oxygen permeability that change the refracting power of the cornea while you sleep. During this time there is a short-term change of dioptre, so when you wake up-you get excellent eyesight for a day and more! In fact, night hard lenses, as well as daytime soft, are located on the mucous membranes of the cornea. But because of a certain shape, while you sleep, the lenses will gently change the shape of the shell. This for a while improves eyesight because of the reversible change of the cornea. After 6-8 hours of wearing such lenses, the cornea retains the desired shape. Up to a day. Therefore, no need in the correction of vision lenses during the day. It is enough to wear them for 15 minutes before sleep. It's fast! Most patients are able to see well after the first use of such lenses. Maximum vision will be available after 2 weeks of wearing. Within 3 years after obtaining the quality certificate in the USA and EU countries, clinical studies in this area were conducted. They proved that the lenses are so safe that they can be assigned even to children from 6 years of age. Risks may be related only to hygienic rules of use and care. So, the possibility of inflammation of the cornea is only 0.039%. That's not much. It is because of the low danger in the first place, such lenses are suitable for small patients. Children often experience a state of stress due to wearing glasses. It can be connected with the peers, with impossibility to exercise normally, with constant increased activity. And the consequence is an opportunity to injure. Therefore, night lenses are perfect at this stage. The child wears them overnight and is under the supervision of their parents. If his eyesight deteriorates quickly, you can use the night lenses to stop the process. Do I have to change lenses often? Let's start with the fact that the term of service of such a lens-1 year. Then oxygen permeability decreases. If after the time you like everything, you can continue to wear the same model. But we recommend that you undergo a diagnosis of vision to ensure that it has not changed. The result of the correction during sleep is completely dependent on the quality of the lenses. Therefore, we strongly recommend you to apply exclusively to specialists and install in our clinic The lenses of the night wearing firm Paragon. Paragon has created the most complex material-fljuorosilikonoakrilat, which today has the best indicators of oxygen permeability in the world, and it took 10 years of research! Fljuor in this case provides a fortress, and silicone-access oxygen. Paragon in 2002 received the necessary quality certificates (FDA and CE) to apply the lenses first and still lead. Today it is the largest producer of raw materials for permeable lenses and 50% of manufacturers use their services. Why? A high degree of permeability with minimal moisture content makes it difficult to contaminate or penetrate the flora that is harmful to the eye. In addition, it perfectly facilitates the process of cleaning the lens. Statistics promise that the risk of microbial keratitu develop when wearing a stiff lens 4 times less than when wearing a soft. The rigid night lens covers the cornea by about 65% and provides better circulation and exchange of tears. Who can be recommended for use:
- The main recommendation-people with progressive myopia (more than 1 diopters in 1 year);
- People who for some reason do not fit the usual lenses;
- Categories from 6 to 40 years;
- Those who for some reason are contraindicated in laser vision correction;
- With refraction from-0.5 to-6.0 D.
- With astigmatism up to-1.75 D.
- Patients whose professions do not allow wearing glasses or soft contact lenses;
- professional sports patients;
Lenses cannot be installed if:
- Dry eye syndrome;
- Inflammation of the eyelids
- Corneal pathology;
- Internal pathology of the eye.
Important to know:
- If you still have a feeling of a foreign body when installing the lens, you cannot fall asleep with this feeling. Remove, rinse and moisturize them. If it does not pass-do not recommend to leave a lens at night;
- Real lenses can be purchased only in specialized clinics. And it is obligatory to stop wearing if the validity period has expired;
- That the lens does not reduced personal comfort, it is necessary to undergo regular examination at the doctor;
- After installation of lenses it is better to come to the doctor with already established lenses for checking;
Advantages of night wear lenses:
- Not broken slezoobmen. And this is important, because the tear removes from the cornea traces of life, dust and delivers nutrients;
- There are no restrictions, fetter, as if wearing glasses or soft lenses; You can safely dive, do sports, go to the sauna, now eyes.
- The eye breathes oxygen all day, as opposed to wearing soft lenses. Therefore, there will be no such effect as oxygen starvation.
What is the selection?
- For the beginning the specialist should carry out diagnostics of sight;
- Therefore, each patient needs to undergo a number of examinations to take into account the structure of his cornea;
- Children spend the whole complex of examinations to study the anatomy of the eye and find out the dynamics of myopia development, the state of the eye muscles and evaluate the possible effectiveness of refractive therapy;
- After receiving the finished results The doctor discusses with the patient the necessity of such procedure;
- If it is expedient, the selection of lenses and tests with it are carried out to estimate accuracy of selection;
- At selection the 3 anatomical parameters of a cornea are estimated, on each of which there are on 4 variants of lenses.
Correction of eyesight in children with the help of rigid lenses
Night lenses-the most sparing alternative to the correction of vision for children. The use of lenses in this case solves 2 problems: optical and curative. In other words, there is a chance to qualitatively correct vision, and to stop the development of the disease. If the child has strabismus-is eliminated and it. If you use night lenses-it will bring a stable effect: the eye of the child is working in normal mode all day, he leads the habitual way of life. It is also important that children under 20 years of age can not do laser vision correction, so these lenses completely save the position: You can swim, run, constant supervision of parents at night and no worries for possible injuries, while the child in school.